Thursday, January 20, 2011

Night Sky Murals through the eyes of a Navy Seal.

I have the greatest customers in the world. I have truly enjoyed meeting and working with all, except for one (who, after having me fly out to Houston, rent a car, get a hotel room and then paint a huge room for him... he gave me a bad check, that he knew was no good. But, I guess that I really don't consider him a true customer). So, I still say that I have the best  customers anywhere.


However, there are those that I seem to feel an even greater degree of respect for... they are those who have, and are still, serving our country in the armed forces. They are giants in my eyes and I am honored to be able to share my talents with them.


But, I am even more honored when, as if doing the work for them wasn't enough, they write to me and tell me what they think of my mural... and what it's does for them.


Let me share a couple of the ones that I have received.


"I have read a couple reviews about your company, Night Sky Murals, and it seems that everyone that has written a review has had the same problem that I have, as none of them come close to an accurate description of the majestic visual experience you get by simply walking into a room.

In a previous occupation I spent hundreds of nights per year under the stars, (as a Navy Seal) and the mural on the ceiling brings back some of my favorite memories. I can't believe how real it looks. It's just like the most majestic, perfect night sky. Everyone that sees it gets lost in the thousands of stars that are there and it seems as though you can keep looking deeper and deeper into space the longer spend in the room.

The amount of time and attention that was spent to create this inexpressible product makes it worth every penny. We will have you back to create more of your magic very soon. Thank you for everything!"



No... thank you for everything! It's a pleasure.


Now from the second great American... who wrote to agree with what a couple of other Navy servicemen had written about their murals.


"Jeff, as a Navy vet myself (Destroyer Squadron 10, USS Spruance DD 963), I can also attest to what was said by Jason and the Navy Seal. A moonless night sky from a darkened ship in the middle of a pitch dark ocean is truly spectacular!. I recall especially the stunning, crystal-clear skies north of the Arctic circle.

I suppose it's not possible, but I wish I could find a spot reasonably close to home with a view something like those. Maybe farther out in the country on a secluded mountain top...

But, come to think of it though, the mural that you painted in our home gives us a beautiful and inspiring view without even needing to leave the house."



What can I say? I am humbled and grateful that the memories, I had a small part in helping to bring back to all of you, were good ones. May you have many more!

No comments: